Comments

FAQs

FAQs – PDF Download

FAQs

About Isme Azam – Allah’s names

Question No 1. What is Isme Azam and how it is extracted?

Answer: An IsmeAzam is generally a set of Almighty Allah’s  two or three  names. At times, it may comprise only one sacred name. It is extracted by carefully counting values of various HARUF (letters) in an individual’s name. After getting  ‘Total’ , we consider the Almighty Allah’s 99 beautiful names and try to select those sacred names which make a numerical sum equal to the Total of the individual’s name. Besides that, it is ensured that at least one of the selected names is compatible with the SURNAME (first letter of the individual’s name). This set of Allah’s names is called Isme-Azam.

Question No 2. Do we have to read “Ya” with every name while reciting Isme Azam? Can we add “AL” in the beginning? Tell in brief, how we should recite Isme Azam.

Answer: Allah’s names (in an Isme Azam) are to be read along with the word “Ya”, as “Ya Rahman” or “Ya Raheem”. It is not necessary to add “AL” in the beginning or “O” at the end.

Let us take an example. Recommended Isme Azam (for brother Adeel) is Aziz-Majid-Malik. He will recite it as “Ya Azeezo –Ya Maajido –Ya Maalik” in one go (with a slight imperceptible pause in-between first and second, second and third name). This will be counted as one (Aik bar). To complete his count of “25” after every prayer, he will have to repeat this set of Allah’s names seven times with attention and respect. It is essential that while reciting, one should keep his/ her mind focused on the MAQSAD or purpose, firmly expecting Almighty Allah to accept their prayers.

Question No 3. What is “Total”? Has it some special significance?

Answer: Total number is to be recited at least once, ideally on the very first day. But, it is not essential that the total should be completed in one sitting. As far its significance, Isme Azam is selected on the basis of this number. We have selected the Almighty Allah’s names Azeez-Majid-Malik because sum of all Haruf in this set equals Total of Adeel Hasan’s name that was 232.

Question No 4. What is TABA? Why is it important that both Individual’s name and Isme Azam should be compatible?

Answer: TABA (nature) of Haruf is important because similar natures help while opposite natures resist or oppose each other.

You might have noted in the foresaid example that first letter of both Adeel and his Isme Azam begins with “A” actually (AIN) in Urdu alphabet. As a matter of fact, while extracting Isme Azam for Adeel Hasan, there were many sets of (Allah’s names) before us that matched the total but the foresaid set was selected in view of its compatibility (of TABA), the most crucial aspect for an Isme Azam to be effective. You may realize that selecting an Isme Azam keeping in mind the compatibility, is quite a difficult task.

Question No 5. Is pronunciation important while reciting Allah’s names?

Answer: Of course we have to pay special attention to pronunciation. Names mentioned in above example will be recited as: Azeez (not Aziz), Maajid (not Majeed), Maalik (not Malak). Brothers/ sisters are requested to be very clear about pronunciation. Correct pronunciation adds to efficacy of Isme Azam.

Question No 6. If unfortunately some one misses his prayer, can he recite his Isme Azam?

Answer: Yes, of course. But, as a matter of fact, maximum benefits are received by those who are regular in prayers. Besides, Allah’s names can be recited in any part of the day or night.

Question No 7.  What is the benefit of reciting Isme Azam?

Answer: Almighty Allah Himself has asked His slaves (human beings) to seek His mercy through His beautiful names. (Quran, Aaraf-180).

As received through various established Ahadis also, Huzoor (S.A.W.W) has recommended to beg favours of Almighty Allah through His beautiful names.

20149

96 Responses to “FAQs”

1. Iram Arif says:

.and what if i want to recite my ism-e-azam in SINGLE sitting.
    also tell, if i miss one of five prayers, how to cmplete circle of missed quantity of Ism-e-Azam.

• Iram Arif says:

I do Business, want to flouriish it. Means my problems are, FINANCE, Marraige and dullness/sickness.

Isme Azam ” Ya Allah-Ya Moez- Ya Tawwab ”
        First Day 592 times, Later, daily after every prayer 34 times
        -Recite Asmaepak as written for any legitimate need/ MAQSAD with Confidence and Faith in Allah.
        -Plz say your prayers regularly.

Ismeazam are extracted according to some laid down rules. As such, full names, given on birth or adopted after marriage are used for this purpose.
      Sister, I shall try to reply to your various queries.This information is already available on this site, in one form or other. Names are recited as written; one after another, with a slight pause in between. I recommend reciting without “O” for concentration.
      Ultimate aim is to become a practicing Muslim. Unfortunately, there is no quick fix. To seek Allah Kareem’s blessing, one has to say his/ her PRAYERS regularly and follow other islamic injuctions as well.
      It makes no difference if one misses any prayer inadvertently. One should recite Ismeazam when ever possible. Small number, is for convenience of continuation. One can recite in higher number or equal to the total, even after every prayer, if comfortably possible.

2. Javeria says:

Javeria Muanf

Isme Azam ” Ya Jaamay-Ya Mujeeb- Ya Musawwir ”
      First Day 405 times, Later, daily after every prayer 18 times
      -Recite for any legitimate need/ MAQSAD with Confidence and Faith in Allah.
      -Plz say your prayers regularly.

• Javeria says:

Jazak Allah

3. Javeria says:

Munaf Majeed

Isme Azam ” Ya Momin-Ya Baasit- Ya Wadood ”
      First Day 228 times, Later, daily after every prayer 21 times
      -Recite for any legitimate need/ MAQSAD with Confidence and Faith in Allah.
      -Plz say your prayers regularly.

4. Javeria says:

Uzma Munaf

Isme Azam ” Ya Azeem-Ya Moez- Ya Wahaab ”
      First Day 1191 times, Later, daily after every prayer 21 times
      -Recite for any legitimate need/ MAQSAD with Confidence and Faith in Allah.
      -Plz say your prayers regularly.

• Javeria says:

jazak Allah

• Javeria says:

are we supposed to recite all of them together or separately..?
        and also iff we recite them together will it be ‘ya azeem-o ya ya moez-o ya whaab-o’??
        and iff separately.. ‘ya azeemo’
        ‘ya moez-o’
        ‘ya whaab-o’.. or not..?

5. Ahsan Irshad Qureshi says:

Ism e Azam. Please

6. aafreen says:

assalamu alekum
    it is necessary to add the name ‘ya allah’ at the end of isme azam????

7. Sarah says:

Aoa. why are these names recited e.g 20 times or 1000 times? why is a limit assigned to the times any name or combination of names must be recited. e.g if i want to be naik i can recite Ya Hameed/ Ya Hameed-o as many times as i can whenever i can. What is your opinion in this regard.
    JazakAllah

Sister you are right, one can recite any relevant name of Allah Kareem to acquire a particular “Sift” without fixing any number. But, we believe that great scholars, who recommended reciting Allah’s names equal to one’s total adaad in name, knew this fact very well. Despite that, they recommended reciting one’s Ismeazam, asserting it is more effective and proficient.
      Remember, it is quite a difficult process. It can consume your hours after hours rather many days together to extract a compatible Ismeazam. AlHamdulillah, we make it look so simple for our brothers/ sisters.
      Plz do recite your Ismeazam with regularity in prayers and total faith in Almighty Allah.

• Sarah says:

JazakAllah for your reply brother. I would really appreciate it if you can tell me the names of any great scholars who have recommended this practice. It would be a great learning opportunity for me as i want to explore this topic more. Allah (SWT) knows best.

8. SAEED Ahmed says:

My complete name is SAEED AHMED pls tell me Ism-e-Azam.

Saeed Ahmed

Isme Azam ” Ya Salam-Ya Allah ”
      First Day 197 times (Not necessary to complete in one sitting)
      Later, daily after every prayer 17 times or More
      -Recite for any legitimate need/ JAEZ MAQSAD with faith.
      -To gain maximum benefits, Plz say your prayers regularly.

9. shakeel khan says:

what is isme azam for “shakeel khan” and “shakeel khan pathan”

Shakeel Khan

Isme Azam ” Ya Shakoor-Ya Qaadir-Ya Samee ”
      First Day 1011 times (Not necessary to complete in one sitting)
      Later, daily after every prayer 12 times or More
      -Recite for any legitimate need/ JAEZ MAQSAD with faith.
      -To gain maximum benefits, Plz say your prayers regularly.

10. noureen says:

salam sir from a month i recite my ism azm as u told me but i see tht my problems are not solving. I recite ya wadood ya muqtadir ya nafay.

Sister Noureen, plz continue your prayers/ recitation with faith in Allah Kareem. Inshallah, Inshallah, your problems will resolve soon. May Allah Pak give you enough strength and perseverance to pass through this phase soon. Ameen.

11. sara baber says:

Sara Baber
    Brother kindly let me know what is my isme azam.one thing i want to mention that in “sara “I use “seen -alif-ray -alif ” so please calculate according to this spelling.

Also I need to know do we calculate isme azam with just personal/first name or we need full name or father’s name for calculation.

Jazak Allah .

Sara Babar *(For Ismeazam we require full name. In case of married sisters, husband’s name is also required if added in Id card)

Isme Azam ” Ya Jaamay -Ya Mujeeb -Ya Rahman ”
      First Day 467 times (Not necessary to complete in one sitting)
      Later, daily after every prayer 17 times or More
      -Darood Ibrahimi 3 times before and after
      -Recite names as written, a bit slowly and keep your mind focused on your MAQSAD/ Need.
      -To gain maximum benefits, Plz say your prayers regularly.
      – Share this site with your friends and family also.

12. farina mir says:

Farina Mir…Can you tell me my isme Azam and its quantity?

Farina Mir

Isme Azam ” Ya Maalik -Ya Wadood -Ya Musawwir ”
      First Day 346 times ( May be completed in one or more sittings same day)
      Later, daily after every prayer 13 times or More
      -To gain maximum benefits, Plz say your prayers regularly.
      – Share this site with your friends and family also

13. humaira barekzai says:

humaira barekzai can u plz tell me my ism azam i will glad thank you 🙂

Humaira Barekzai

Isme Azam ” Ya Lateef -Ya Wadood -Ya Jaamay ”
      First Day 263 times ( May be completed in one or more sittings same day)
      Later, daily after every prayer 11 times or More
      -To gain maximum benefits, Plz say your prayers regularly.
      – Share this site with your friends and family also

14. Aisha Munir says:

Can you tell me my ismeAzam please

Aisha Munir

Isme Azam ” Ya Rauf -Ya Jaamay -Ya Rauf ”
      First Day 686 times ( May be completed in one or more sittings same day)
      Later, daily after every prayer 20 times or More
      -While reciting, keep your mind focused on your MAQSAD/ Need.
      -To gain maximum benefits, Plz say your prayers regularly.

15. Muhammad Naeem Ashraf says:

in urdu isma azam
    thank

Muhammad Naeem Ashraf
      Isme Azam ” Ya Fattah -Ya Razzaq -Ya Walee ”
      Pehle din 843 bar (Aik se zyada nashisto me pora kr skte hen)
      Phir Her Namaz k Baad 15 Bar (zyada b parh sakte hein)

-Nam jis tarha likhe hein, usi tarah parhen r
      apna MAQSAD zehn me rakhen.

** Namaz ki pabandi zaruri hey.

16. Othmane bouhmad says:

DEAR BROTHER,

Barraka allah fika. My name is Othman bouhmad. I want to ask you about the specific number of time of ism azam we should say after each prayer. Is it very important to recite the exact number you mention or can we add more.
    Also Is there Ism azam for specific needs like becoming wealthy or successful etc or the Ism azam extracted from our names can work for all purposes.

Best regards

17. sabir says:

Isme azam is one of the big names of allah. In Quran, we have to pick from 1. surah. baqr 2.surah. imran 3. surah. Taha.

Brother Sabir thanks. Some knowledgeable persons refer it to as “Ya Hayyo Ya Qayyum”. It could be(and should be) recited by every body generally. AlHamdulillah, we extract personal Isme Azam for brothers/ sisters keeping in view their personal needs.

18. Humaira says:

Thank you so much for assisting me in this critical time.May God brings peace and prosperity in your life as your serving His creation in a selfless way.Kindly remember me in your prayers and when I got my result I will surely let you know.

Regards.
    Humaira.

19. Humaira says:

Assalam-o-Allikum,
    I was just browsing latest Isme Azam page and notice that you mention to some sister that she did not mention her specific need so you can gave her specific Isme Azam.My name is Humaira Rizvi and perhaps you remember me.You send me my Isme Azam , Humaira with hey not alif .At that time I did not mention my specific need brother.I am applying for medical residency and I really want to secure a seat despite of competition.Kindly suggest me should I keep reciting same Isme Azam or you have some specific one for me according to my need.
    Regards.

Sister Humaira, you can recite following Isme Azam. Inshallah, it will help you by the grace of God. Ameen.
      Humaira Rizvi = 1279
      Isme Azam ” Ya Fattah -Ya Wali* -Ya Muqtadir [= 1279
      *(It is Wali NOT Waali in your case)
      After Every Prayer Daily 19 Times
      Once in a month 1279 times
      (You may recite 1279 once daily if possible, necessarily Not in one sitting)
      Thanks for your frequent visits to the site.

20. Farah Bhatti says:

Thanks for guidance. Need your prayers as well.
    May GOD Bless you

Regards

21. Farah Bhatti says:

AOA,
    THERE is a question in my mind that why u saying that”donot add “O” in the end of Allah’s names?

By adding Ya” in the beginning and giving a slight imperceptible pause after each name adds to respect and involvement with Allah’s beautiful names. Besides, it gives a smooth rhythm to the recitation process.
      There is no harm in adding “O”at the end . In that case one has to do that with all Allah Pak’s names except the last one.

22. Humaira says:

Thanks so much for your guidance and kind words.

Regards,
    Humaira.

23. Humaira says:

One more question,I wrote my name Humaira not Humera,does it make any difference on Isme Azam as I notice you calculate for Humera Rizvi,or in urdu my name ended with he not alif.

Respected Behn Humaira, Salam. You are right, while extracting Isme Azam, we use Urdu alphabets and as such, English spellings do not make any difference. Real significant was your mentioning about ending of your name with “Hey”. It definitely made a difference for your Isme Azam. Kindly check it under post “Latest Asmae Azam”. As for as your query about “LOHE ZOHL”, I would suggest not to bother about it. Believe me sister, Inshallah, you can achieve any thing by seeking help from Almighty Allah. But fact remains, best results occur to those brothers and sisterswho are regular in prayers.

24. Humaira says:

AOA,
    Kindly provide me my Isme Azam,as my name is Humaira and with husband is Humaira Rizvi.Should Isme Azam consists of full name or only first name.I hope I will get the answer soon.
    Regards,

25. Farah Bhatti says:

AOA,

PLS guide as i confirmed Isma e Azam against my bhabi “Shazia Javed” but in ur response u have posted two diff options one is posted in latest Asma e Azam and other is mentioned in “A-Z” option , different Asma e Azam mentioned against same name, pls confirm which one we have to folllow.
    Regards

You are absolutely right. I have noticed that some brothers/ sisters prefer Isme Azam comprising two Asmae Pak while other like those consisting of three due to their beautiful meanings/ attributes. In this case, I had intentionally offered two options for sister Shazia Javed to select either of them. Total of each set of Isme Azam is equal i.e. 347. Muhemin means Protector, Barr means Noble (Nek).

26. Farah Bhatti says:

thank you very much May GOD keep u always in HIS special blessings as u have doing a great job for HIS creatures

Regards

27. Farah Bhatti says:

AOA,
    Thanks for your prompt response i will try to recite regularly, furthermore please confirm against my mother name “Kaneez Begum” and also against my sister name “Naila Bhatti”

regards

28. Farah Bhatti says:

AOA,
    I will really appreciate if u confirm me Ism e Azam for my name “Farah Bhatti” please.

Regards
    Farah

Farah Bhatti = 705
      Isme Azam ” Ya Fattah -Ya Aleem- Ya Allah”
      Rozana Her Namaz k Baad “12” Bar.
      Har Mah aik dafa Pori Tadad (1224) parhna afzal he.

Doa he Allah Kareem Bandashen khol de aur Deeno dunya me aap k darjaat buland frmae. Ameen.